Popular Post

Rhian Ramos Biography

Rhian Ramos Profile:
Rhian Denise Ramos Howell or Rhian Ramos for short, made an abrupt transition to show business when she was cast as one of the female leads of the popular fantasy-action-drama TV series, Captain Barbell. It was through her McDonalds McJelly Trio TV Commercial that she was noticed by film producer Annette Gozon. She also starred in Lupin also with Richard Gutierrez. She currently works with Mark Herras in My Only Love.

Basic Information:
Name: Rhian Ramos
Nickname: Rhy/Ryan/Dennis
Birthday: October 03, 1989
Birth Place: Philippines
Showbiz Anniversary: November 30, 2005
Favorites:
Hobbies: Sleeping, eating, watching movies
Sports: None, my coordination is awful
Pets: My Doberman, Claw
Actors/Actresses
foreign: Tom Hanks
Movie: Peter Pan, Gladiator, Spider Man 1
TV Show: Captain Barbell
Singer/Band: Up Dharma Down, Radioactive Sago Project, Urbandub
Music: Rock, chill out
Song: “Total Eclipse of the Heart ”
Book: The Hungry Caterpillar
Personal:
Full Name: Rhian Denise Ramos
Adjectives that best describe you: Complex, persevering, genuine, passionate, obsessive-compulsive, chirpy
Fears: Bubblegum (hahaha) failing…
Pet Peeves: Bubblegum, ampalaya, unflushed toilets
Fashion: I have none. No basis for what clothes to buy
Fashion icon: None
Unforgettable childhood memory: Sitting at the side of a tennis court as a child and getting hit by the ball… ouch!
Most treasured item: Myself… I don’t put that at risk
Goals: To get through whatever challenges come my way
Role Model: All those that I see persevere no matter what
Questions & Answers:
Why did you enter showbusiness?
I suppose God wanted it for me. GMA-7 called me after seeing an advertisement I did and asked me to go to the auditions for Capt. Barbell. I didn’t want to, but my parents made me… good thing they did because I got the role and am enjoying myself.
What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
I think when I stepped in the audition room for the McDonald’s ads, God already had showbiz in mind because the way everything happened was as if the ad was reserved for me
If you weren’t in showbiz, what kind of career would you have?
Modeling, student
What is your biggest frustration/regret?
When I do something out of obligation and not trying my best
What do most people not know about you?
I’m just like everyone else! I have my own weird insecurities, my own special talents and my own kapalpakans! I can’t ride a bike, I have a birthmark on my left bum and lagi akong nabubulol!
What is your most unforgettable experience?
The phone call that turned my life around. Nung nalaman ko na ako ‘yung napili para gumanap kay “Leah” sa CB.
What are you most proud of?
That I’m a real person. I’m just me, I don’t pretend to be anyone else. I make mistakes and I accept that no one is perfect and kasali na ako doon. I don’t pretend to be anything more or anything less than what I am
What do you value most?
My morals, my beliefs, my religion, my purity, my family, my friends, my God and myself
What do you want to achieve?
I just want to get to the point where I am content, where I don’t need random things or certain people to make me feel complete. Actually, I’ve achieved it.
What is your advice to aspiring artists?
Just go for it. Never give up.

Television

YearTitleRoleNetwork
2007My Only LoveCindy MorenoGMA Network
2007LupinAvril LegardaGMA Network
2007Mad Mad FunHerselfAnimax
2006Captain BarbellLeah LazaroGMA Network

Movie Appearances

YearTitleRole
2007OuijaRuth
2007The PromiseMonique

TV Endorsements

YearProduct
2008Eskinol Ice Pore Therapy
2007PLDT MyDSL
2007Head & Shoulders Shampoo
2007McDonalds Coke Float
2007McDonalds Creamy Corn & Halo-Halo burst
2006McDonalds Coke Float, Bubblegum Sprite Float & Strawberry Sprite Float
2006McDonalds McJelly Trio

Magazine Covers & Pictorials

YearMonthMagazine
2008March-AprilIn Thing Magazine (Cover)
2008FebruaryRogue Magazine
2007NovemberChalk Magazine (Cover)
2007AugustWomen’s Journal (Cover)
2007AugustPeople’s Asia Magazine
2007JulyE-Magazine (Cover)
2007JulyFHM Magazine (#20 Most Sexiest Women in the World (Philippines)
2007JuneS-Magazine
2007JuneStarStudio Magazine
2007MayMeg Magazine (Cover)
2007AprilTotal Girl Magazine (Cover)
2007AprilYes Magazine
2007MarchS-Magazine
2007FebruarySeventeen-Mini
2006OctoberCandy Magazine (Cover)
2006SeptemberCandy Magazine
2006SeptemberWomen’s Journal (Cover)  
   

Awards & Recognition

YearCritics/CitationAward
2007(PMPC) 21st Star Awards for Television: Best New Female TV Personality (Captain Barbell)Nominated
2007FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World (Philippines)#20