Popular Post

Hometown Model, Francesca Frigo, shares her Beauty Secrets and Life as a Playboy Playmate

It's officially summer so I've decided to turn up the heat to muy caliente! Although our city is saturated with models, it's inarguable that Miami's own Francesca Frigo is making big moves in the modeling industry and bringing sexy back while doing so! Born in Puerto de la Cruz, Venezuela, Francesca first moved to Miami to attend college and later decided to pursue a modeling career. After Playboy Magazine named her the official Miss August 2010 Playmate, life has taken her on an incredible journey around the world. In my special interview with Frigo, you'll get the inside scoop on her upcoming projects, her role with DECOBIKE on South Beach and her beauty secrets. Let's get this heat rising! Oh, make sure you watch Francesca add her Playboy spin on the classic Nike commercial starring Mars Blackmon and Michael Jordan at the bottom of this post.
MBS: How did you begin your modeling career and what inspired you to enter the industry? [Picture above courtesy of Wildcard Photography]

FRIGO: As funny as it may sound, I have to say I started taking pictures by accident. A friend of mine asked me to do him a favor and take some pictures for his vodka company. That's when the camera and I met for the first time.

MBS: How do you stay in shape?

FRIGO: I love playing sports (anything that involves physical activity and laughing). I also workout at the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I don't kill myself counting calories! I grew up having homemade meals so I don't eat a lot of processed foods. However, I do have a crazy sweet tooth...chocolate is my weakness!

MBS: Do you have any beauty secrets you can share with my readers?

FRIGO: My mom always told me the less make-up I wear, the healthier my skin would become. Similar to other girls, I love make-up but I only wear it when it's necessary. Of course, one should never go to bed with make-up on. My beauty secrets: Trish McEvoy body scrub and Carol's Daughter almond cookie body lotion keep my skin glowing.

MBS: How has your life changed after being named Playboy Magazine’s August 2010 Playmate? [Francesca is pictured above along with Hugh Hefner]

FRIGO: Now, I have a whole new family at the Playboy Mansion and I basically live out of a suitcase. I have done a lot of traveling, shoots, commercials and I recently finished filming a movie. Yes, my life has changed a bit!

MBS: What do you love most about DECOBIKE and how do you feel about being their Ambassador? [Check out her picture on the left with fellow Ambassador, Chad Ochocinco].

FRIGO: DECOBIKE is a project I have been involved with since its conception. I loved the idea of bringing a healthy mode of transportation that would also be good for the environment. I'm happy to be supporting a company with a cause that I believe in.

MBS: What are your favorite places to visit when you’re in Miami?

FRIGO: Sometimes I feel as if I were a tourist in Miami. I can always be found walking around Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road. I often check myself into hotels on the weekends to get spa treatments and just order room service [it's honestly the best restaurant]! Both, the Four Seasons Hotel and the Mandarin Oriental have amazing spas. The Setai on South Beach has the best brunch in the world!

For all of the latest news on Francesca Frigo, visit her official website and follow her on Twitter. Enjoy your summer and remember to keep it HOT!